Betta Under The Radar
A broken on-line papier machine
parinya
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
  Quake
I visited the exhibition site again today. Fuck, it is HUGE. Everytime I go there, my heart accelerates a little and stays at that speed. If I keep on going this way cardiovascular failure is not far off.

I don't do myself any favors when I publicly declare that I feel fear, fear, fear. This is by far the largest space I ever worked with. Not only large, but difficult. When I think about it carefully, I do believe that the area I am to cover with my installation is roughly the same as the whole house that I currently live in, garden included.

As an indication of how much higher the stakes are this time, I am actually building a 1:100 scale model of the place, like our friends the architects do, to cut down on the likely-hood of a massive fuck-up. I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, but in general, I really hate maquettes (small scale models of the real thing). I have usually been able to judge my space fairly well from intuition and experience, but I am slightly out of my depth in this case. If I make things too small, it will be a non-reversible disaster in that space. I worry too, because my studio is now very small compared to before. For the first time I find myself longing mightily for a large, well-lit warehouse...

And a table-saw. My soul for a table-saw. (And so goes on the same refrain, eh, Gnute?)
 
Comments:
What do you need a table-saw for? Make it out of balsa or somethink.

GNUTEGNUTEGNUTEGNUTENUGTENUTNUTNUTNUTNUTNUT
 
ah gnoe. ah wont wone.

*my Little Britain Lou and Andy impression*

whatdya think eh? eh? eh? eh? eh?
 
It'd be a downright kerfuffle!
 
sorry, it's actually 1:20 scale model. Just in case your life depends on it later.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Travails and trails in life and food

PREVIOUS POSTS
ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / July 2007 /


LINKIES

Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.