Betta Under The Radar
A broken on-line papier machine
parinya
Sunday, May 28, 2006
  My city
We flirt and we engage in a game of power. We pretend we do not love each other, but when I think of you I do so as if you were a lover. Difficult, sanguine, fickle, distant, savage - beautiful, compressed, irreverent, and occasionally, very very funny. You encourage the romantic in the poet, but such poetry is weak and sentimental. I will never write you a love song. I will use you as you use me, bleed you as you bleed me. I think that if I know more of your history and politics, I will understand better, know better. Knowing is a way of possessing. But I think, you should never be mine, just as you will never completely win me over. If we cannot be equals then let's forget about it! I could care less how sublime the food (supposedly) is. Rest assured I hate you with a passion. But not enough to pin you down, give you a name, to tell you what you are. You are a crazy city, and I am crazy to let you live in me.

It's obvious who will win.

written after a whole day spent in town, filming at various locations

Labels:

 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Travails and trails in life and food

PREVIOUS POSTS
ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / July 2007 /


LINKIES

Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.