Betta Under The Radar
A broken on-line papier machine
parinya
Friday, February 10, 2006
  You're great, but...
Question: How does one let a man down gracefully? Do you:

a) Have the serious 'you're great, but...' conversation?
b) Ignore all calls?
c) "No, I'm not free tonight, tomorrow night either, yup and the night after. Look, I'll call you ok?

The thing is, should one be a bitch and therefore save them face by making them hate you, or does one play the nice game and come away clean? Perhaps passive aggression is best? Maybe mention an unfortunate highly contagious venereal disease?

Dating is a wilderness I am ill adapted to. I seek guidance. Pour forth on me your advice!

Labels:

 
Comments:
I'd do the "This isn't working anymore.." and then cue the emotional fanfare. It's never pleasant in whichever form, but I say the earlier the better, rather than dragging it out.

A vague search on the www also led me to Godzilla's! Can't quite figure out how to leave racist/political two cents like everyone else has been doing though.

But hey, I can now swamp yours and I wouldn't have to set up yet another blog! :o)

px
 
heheh. I like emotional fanfare, but only when it's cued, and if there are dancing bears and gypsy caravans. (sorry, I know the dancing bears aren't very acceptable these days)

I agree with the earlier is better part.

Swamp me, baby, swamp me.
 
Oh dear, my friend was in the very same predicament. She was really good about it, though; she told him to his face that she wasn't looking for a relationship, even though it was tough to say it, but he came back at her with a totally unexpected "We could just have sex".
 
Hahahahh!!

Sigh, oh to be so pleasantly surprized.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Travails and trails in life and food

PREVIOUS POSTS
ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / July 2007 /


LINKIES

Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.