Betta Under The Radar
A broken on-line papier machine
parinya
Friday, June 02, 2006
  Jaws
I am sorry for the somewhat depressing previous post. It has come to my attention that certain people think I am in 'a funk' - this observation derived solely from my blog posts. I do not mean to be funky. I want to be happy like a pink bunny who has corn. And I wish to make you happy, dear reader. But the truth is I am in some physical pain at the moment. My left jaw is rather swollen and it is quite painful to eat, speak, smoke or drink. I am subsisting on pieces of toast and all manner of cold liquids. Alchohol seems to numb everything so I partake liberally. I wait patiently for things to subside, but feel generally blah.

This reminds me of an essay Paul Auster once wrote about the relationship between eating and speaking. Both activities being centered in the mouth. Eating is about entry, whereas speaking is about escape, and the mouth forms a sort of portal that fascilitates them both. The body has more than one orifice (for some reason I disklike this word intensely) of course, but only the mouth is...

*at this point Betta felt too tired and miserable to carry on*

Labels:

 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: KL, Malaysia

Travails and trails in life and food

PREVIOUS POSTS
ARCHIVES
November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / July 2007 /


LINKIES

Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.